The ‘Girl in the Painting’ editorial for ELLE Vietnam October 2013 is a mix of modern-day style and 18th-century portraiture aesthetic. The model stars in a series of shots photographed by Juan Martin – she navigates bustling city streets, mingles with the glitterati at luxurious cocktail parties and dons some queenly styles that would have made Marie Antoinette jealous.
For instance, one look has the model in a high-necked sweater, a feathered chiffon shrug and luxurious jewels clasped around her neck, wrists and dangling from her ears. Another shot has her taking a toned-down version of this look to the city streets – wearing the same shrug overtop an ankle-length knit dress. Finally, in another shot the model dons a tiara fit for a princess, an intricately pattered beige gown and pearl cufflinks.
The ELLE Vietnam October 2013 Shoot Declares ‘Let Them Eat Ca
1. 18th-century Aesthetic Fashion - There is an opportunity to create modern fashion with an 18th-century aesthetic.
2. Luxurious Cross-genre Photography - There is an opportunity to experiment with different genres of photography to create luxurious and elegant editorial content.
3. Modern Royalty Representation in Media - There is an opportunity to mix modern fashion with royalty representation to create new and interesting editorials.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can explore more elegant and historical fashion styles.
2. Photography Industry - The photography industry can experiment with cross-genre photography to create unique and stylish editorial content.
3. Media and Entertainment Industry - The media and entertainment industry can explore mixing modern fashion with royalty representation to create more impactful editorials.