Dusty Rose is a tea brand that has gone for a distinctly authentic branding identity. The goal was to make the bottles look as if they are fresh off the boat, just imported from overseas. BlackRose NYC were the ones who turned this idea into a reality.
To get this look, the brand used older glass bottles with a cork in the top and twine wrapped around the neck of the bottle. These details evoke sentiments of the olden days when this type of materials were used for importing and exporting purposes. The label for the front part of the package is quite minimalist, making sure that the entire design does not look too cluttered.
Dusty Rose certainly looks like the tea is authentic and shipped in from afar with this new branding design.
Dusty Rose Uses an Authentic Feel as if Imported Straight off the Boat
1. Authentic Branding - Opportunity for companies to create a distinct brand identity by evoking sentiments of authenticity and nostalgia.
2. Minimalist Packaging - Potential for brands to stand out by using minimalist packaging that avoids clutter and focuses on simplicity.
3. Nostalgic Design - Trend of incorporating nostalgic elements in product design to create a sense of familiarity and connection with consumers.
1. Food and Beverage - An industry that can explore authentic branding and minimalist packaging to differentiate products in a crowded market.
2. Retail - Opportunity for retailers to leverage nostalgic design elements to create unique and engaging experiences for customers.
3. Import/export - Disruptive innovation potential in the import/export industry by incorporating traditional elements into packaging and branding.