Donnoli, the Donut-Cannoli, is a hybrid confection created by Frangelli’s Bakery, which has been located in South Philly since 1947. It may be a historic small bakery for those in Philly, but now it’s gaining a world-wide reputation, thanks to its new pastry.
Owner, John Colosi, who took over the bakery four years ago, recently came up with the idea behind the Donnoli when he decided to squeeze chocolate chip cannoli cream into one of his bakery’s plain donuts. The results were spectacular, delicious and buzz-worthy. The Donnoli is the perfect blend of new and old; John’s new delectable buttercream is the perfect pairing for the 1960s original plain donut.
Donut hybrids seem to be on the rise this year, but this Italian pastry-inspired one may be the best one yet!
Frangelli’s Bakery’s Scrumptious Donnoli is a Mix of a Donut and a Cannoli
1. Donut Hybrids - The rise of donut hybrids presents opportunities to create innovative pastry combinations.
2. Italian Pastry-inspired - The popularity of Italian pastry-inspired creations like the Donnoli opens doors for Italian bakeries to introduce their own unique hybrid pastries.
3. World-wide Reputation - The international recognition of Frangelli's Bakery and their Donnoli showcases the potential for local bakeries to gain global attention through creative confections.
1. Bakery - The evolving trend of donut hybrids creates opportunities for bakeries to differentiate themselves by offering unique and innovative pastry combinations.
2. Italian Cuisine - The success of Italian pastry-inspired creations like the Donnoli highlights the market demand and potential for innovation within the Italian cuisine industry.
3. Food Tourism - The international acclaim of Frangelli's Bakery and their Donnoli presents opportunities for the food tourism industry to promote unique and enticing pastry experiences in different regions.