Just in time for National Donut Day (June 4), DiGiorno recently launched an innovative new pizza and donut mashup dubbed the DiGiornut. The mouthwatering donut is infused with mozzarella cheese, topped with the brand's signature sauce and additional cheese, and topped with traditional pizza toppings.
“At DiGiorno we like to push the boundaries of what’s possible for pizza, and the DiGiornut is something we’ve been dreaming about for a while,” said Kimberly Holowiak, DiGiorno Brand Manager at Nestlé. “At the same time, we’ve seen out of the box thinking from our fans on social media – connecting pizza with donuts. So we thought, why not have some fun and make this mashup a reality to celebrate National Donut Day.”
The DiGiornut will be available exclusively through a Twitter sweepstakes on the donut-honoring holiday. To enter, fans can reply to @DiGiorno’s tweet with #sweepstakes for a chance to score a half-dozen box.
Image Credit: DiGiorno
Digiorno Recently Released a New Pizza and Donut Mashup Dubbed DiGiornut
1. Pizza-donut Mashups - DiGiorno's DiGiornut shows the potential for combining unexpected food items to create new and exciting flavors.
2. Social Media Influenced Products - The DiGiornut's origins on social media demonstrate the power of consumer input on product development.
3. Twitter Sweepstakes - DiGiorno's decision to make the DiGiornut available exclusively through a Twitter sweepstakes showcases the potential for using social media to build hype and generate excitement.
1. Food & Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore new flavor combinations and utilize social media feedback for product development and promotion.
2. Marketing & Advertising - The success of the DiGiornut highlights the power of social media in driving product awareness and creating buzz around new products.
3. Technology - The use of Twitter as a platform for the DiGiornut sweepstakes demonstrates the potential for integrating social media and technology in marketing and sales strategies.