Capcom's upcoming 'Devil May Cry 5' comes with the requisite collector's editions but its 'Ultra Limited Edition' release stands out as something unique thanks to a price tag of 972,000 yen or $8,600 USD. Created for dedicated Devil May Cry fans, this limited-edition release comes in three different varieties. The Devil May Cry 5 limited-edition release will only be sold by Capcom Japan and features a jacket worn by one of the game's three playable characters.
The jackets are all life-sized models, drawing measurements from character heights and dimensions. The jackets will also feature several details drawn from the game, including battle damage, dirt and even small scratches to the fabric. The Devil May Cry 5 designs are also all constructed from real leather.
Image Credit: Capcom
The 'Devil May Cry 5' 'Ultra Limited Edition' Costs $8,600
1. Cosplay-inspired Game Releases - Opportunities to market limited-edition releases of games with collector's items, such as character costumes or props, to appeal to dedicated fans and cosplayers.
2. Personalized Merchandise - Opportunities to create personalized merchandise for dedicated fans, such as custom-designed jackets with character-specific battle damage and scratches.
3. Luxury Gaming Collectibles - Opportunities to tap into the luxury market by creating high-end gaming collectibles that appeal to affluent collectors.
1. Gaming Industry - As the demand for personalized gaming merchandise continues to grow, there is an opportunity for game developers and publishers to offer a wider range of collector's editions and personalized items.
2. Fashion and Apparel Industry - As cosplay continues to grow in popularity, there is an opportunity for fashion and apparel companies to partner with game developers and offer clothing items based on game characters.
3. Luxury Goods Industry - As the market for high-end gaming collectibles continues to expand, there is an opportunity for luxury goods companies to offer customized, limited-edition gaming products for affluent collectors.