This mobile game was designed by child psychology experts and bereaved young people to help others deal with grief and cope with death. Based in London, Bounce Works is currently crowdfunding Apart of Me on Indiegogo. The therapeutic tool is supposed to be a "safe virtual space" and non-profit resource for grieving families. The smartphone game empowers them to talk about death, help with feelings of isolation and develop emotional resilience.
Apart of Me uses gaming technology to reach young people going through an extremely difficult time and deal with grief in a healthy manner. Video games have been used increasingly lately to help people with a variety of health-related issues, from aiding Alzheimer's research to fighting rock climbing phobias.
The Therapeutic Game Apart of Me Helps Young People Deal With Grief
1. Therapeutic Smartphone Games - Creating smartphone games as therapeutic tools to address specific emotional needs and challenges.
2. Gaming for Mental Health - Utilizing gaming technology to support mental health and emotional well-being.
3. Intergenerational Support - Developing platforms and resources that foster communication and support between different age groups.
1. Mobile Gaming - Exploring opportunities to create mobile games with a focus on emotional well-being and addressing specific circumstances such as grief.
2. Digital Health - Integrating gaming technology into digital health solutions to offer interactive and engaging therapeutic experiences.
3. Non-profit Organizations - Partnering with non-profit organizations to develop resources and platforms that provide support for individuals and families facing emotional challenges.