Avery Dennison teamed up with post-consumer garment recycler Ambercycle to create digital clothing care labels with QR codes that help to boost sustainability and traceability. The labels with QR codes help to reveal how garments were produced, as well as how they should be looked after to prolong their usable life.
The intelligent care labels not only share a garment’s story, see how it was made, and the environmental benefits of investing in that piece, but also how they can properly dispose of the item. With Ambercycle, garments that are sent back are turned into new textiles.
While standard clothing care labels provide a limited amount of information, these digital ones add value to garments, especially when it comes to proving authenticity for resale.
Avery Dennison Labels Promotes Circularity by Supporting Garment Care
1. Digital Clothing Care Labels - Digital clothing care labels are disrupting the fashion industry by promoting sustainability and traceability through QR codes.
2. Circular Fashion - The circular fashion trend is disrupting the fashion industry with innovative ways of recycling and minimizing waste.
3. QR Code Technology - QR code technology is disrupting the fashion industry by providing consumers with access to information on how their garments were made and how to properly care for them.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has the opportunity to adopt digital clothing care labels and circular fashion practices to promote sustainability and traceability.
2. Consumer Goods Industry - The consumer goods industry can benefit from QR code technology and circular fashion practices to minimize waste and create a sustainable supply chain.
3. Waste Management Industry - The waste management industry has the opportunity to partner with fashion brands to promote circular fashion practices and innovative ways of recycling textiles.