Finding time to volunteer can be tough, so Catchafire's founders created a platform that would make it easier for working professionals to contribute to nonprofits and for-purpose companies. The certified B Corp, which is based in New York, connects professionals with organizations that can use their help, allowing pro bono volunteers to give back in ways that complement their busy schedules.
A recent Catchafire case study includes Be the Change inc., which posted that they needed assistance with market research. As a result, they received 40 hours of professional service and saved $20,000. Another hot project is for the Design Museum Boston, which asked for assistance planning their Unite event. Thanks to Catchafire professionals, they have received 50 hours of support and saved $5,000. To date, the total value of services provided by Catchafire members is over $6.2 million.
Because they are a for-purpose business, they charge an annual membership fee to social good organizations that want to take advantage of the professional volunteer system. Rather than running as a charity or nonprofit, the social enterprise model gives them a more sustainable advantage, and gives them the opportunity to scale more rapidly.
As the website explains, "The Catchafire membership is designed to stretch an organization’s budget at least 10X and save them significant time and resources in recruiting, vetting and managing the right talent for the job. Our service is free for all professionals wanting to donate their time."
Catchafire on Twitter
Catchafire on Facebook
Catchafire is a B Corp That Lets Professionals Volunteer Their Skills
1. Flexible Volunteering - The trend of professionals seeking flexible volunteering opportunities presents disruptive innovation opportunities for platforms like Catchafire, allowing them to connect professionals with organizations in need.
2. For-purpose Business Models - The trend towards for-purpose business models provides disruptive innovation opportunities for platforms like Catchafire, allowing them to operate sustainably and scale more rapidly.
3. Optimizing Time and Resources - The trend of organizations seeking ways to optimize their time and resources in recruiting and managing talent presents disruptive innovation opportunities for platforms like Catchafire, offering a service that saves significant time and resources.
1. Nonprofit Sector - The nonprofit sector can leverage the trend of professionals seeking flexible volunteering opportunities to enhance their impact and efficiency by utilizing platforms like Catchafire.
2. Social Enterprise - The social enterprise industry can benefit from the trend towards for-purpose business models, as it allows for sustainable operations and rapid scaling, as demonstrated by Catchafire.
3. Human Resources - The human resources industry can tap into the trend of organizations optimizing their time and resources in recruiting talent by partnering with platforms like Catchafire to streamline the process of finding skilled professionals.