The Lexus car ‘Art is Motion’ ad turns vehicles that are already sculptural works of beauty into even more artful pieces. This Lexus IS 300 hybrid features software that collects data on the “RPM, speed and hybridity” of the car to create a unique portrait of the driver while they drive.
The art is made in the style of artist Sergio Abliac's paintings and the slower the car moves, the more detailed the piece becomes and as you might expect, faster speeds yield much more abstract results.
The choice of colors used by the onboard software also varies based which hybrid mode the driver is using: the electric drivetrain is represented by a palette of cool blues and when the gas engine is in use, warm colours appear on the digital canvas.
This Lexus IS 300 Hybrid Creates Car Art Drawings of Its Driver
1. Car Art - Incorporate artistic elements into the design and functionality of automobiles.
2. Data-driven Art - Use data collected from vehicles to generate unique artwork.
3. Hybrid Technology - Integrate hybrid technology in cars to create innovative and interactive experiences for drivers.
1. Automotive - Explore how automakers can incorporate art and data-driven features into their vehicle designs.
2. Tech - Develop software and applications that collect and analyze data from vehicles to create personalized artwork.
3. Fine Arts - Collaborate with artists to create hybrid art installations that incorporate vehicle data.