This year, one of two Bud Light Super Bowl ads will be airing on game day based on what fans choose on social media. Bud Light created two 60-second ads called #PostyStore and #PostyBar, both of which star brand ambassador Post Malone who promotes the new Bud Light Seltzer.
Both of the ads dive into the inner workings of Post Malone’s brain by depicting a control room full of operators with tattooed faces and bodies. In #PostyStore, Post Malone grapples between buying hard seltzer or beer, destroying the store in the process as the control room operators fight for control over the musician and record producer's limbs.
The winning Bud Light ad will be appearing during the game’s third quarter.
Fans are Choosing the Bud Light Super Bowl Ad That Will Air
1. Crowdsourced Advertising - There is an opportunity for businesses to create multiple versions of ads and allow fans or consumers to choose the winning ad.
2. Celebrity Brand Ambassadors - There is an opportunity for businesses to leverage the popularity and influence of a celebrity brand ambassador in their advertising campaigns.
3. Interactive Advertisements - There is an opportunity for businesses to create ads with interactive elements that engage and involve the audience in the ad's narrative.
1. Beverage - There is an opportunity for beverage companies to create unique and engaging ad campaigns that feature their products and highlight their brand values.
2. Entertainment - There is an opportunity for entertainment companies to leverage the popularity and influence of a celebrity figure in their marketing efforts to promote their content.
3. Advertising - There is an opportunity for advertising agencies to create innovative and engaging ad campaigns that incorporate interactive elements and allow for fan or consumer participation.