The 'Brompton Electric' is the first electric folding bicycle from the British bicycle company.
Brompton is known for its robust folding bikes and has spent the last 12 years developing an electric version of its signature collapsible model. The finished product is compact, yet also durable and sturdy. While the technology for a portable electric bike has been available for many years now, the unique dimensions of Brompton's folding bike meant the company had to work to develop and custom-make each component for the electric bicycle.
Brompton teamed up with Formula One manufacturer 'Williams Advanced Engineering' for this project. The finished product can fold to be a third of its extended size, and a special removable battery pack helps to make the Brompton Electric more portable than other electric bikes on the market.
Brompton Electric's Collapsible Electric Bike is Portable and Sturdy
1. Compact Electric Bikes - The development of compact electric bikes creates opportunities for efficient urban transportation.
2. Customizable Electric Bicycle Components - The need for custom-made components for unique folding electric bike dimensions opens up opportunities for specialized manufacturing and personalization.
3. Collaborations Between Bicycle and Automotive Industries - Partnerships between bicycle companies like Brompton and automotive manufacturers like Williams Advanced Engineering offer opportunities for cross-industry advancements in electric transportation.
1. Bicycle Manufacturing - The rise of folding electric bikes creates a market for innovative bicycle manufacturers to develop and produce portable and durable models.
2. Electric Vehicle Manufacturing - The demand for lightweight and adaptable electric bike components provides opportunities for electric vehicle manufacturers to enter the portable transportation market.
3. Battery Technology - The need for removable and portable battery packs prompts developments in battery technology to meet the requirements of compact electric bicycles.