Coca-Cola has added a new line of cans and bottles printed in braille. Following its 2014 campaign 'Share a Coke,' names were displayed on each can and bottle. The new campaign allows those who are visually impaired to have the same experience.
The idea for the braille branded cans and bottles began in Argentina. With Coca-Cola's continuing support for sports teams, the brand launched this campaign with the Argentina blind soccer team, Los Murciélagos. Each bottle was personalized with the players' names and follows the theme of sharing a coke with friends and teammates.
With over 500,000 personalized braille cans and bottles, the result of the limited-edition soft drinks showed a 7% growth in the sales of Coca-Cola's single serve products.
These Soft Drink Cans and Bottles are Printed with Braille
1. Braille Packaging - Brands can explore incorporating braille in their packaging to cater to visually impaired consumers.
2. Inclusive Marketing - Brands can adopt inclusive marketing strategies to create products and campaigns that are accessible to a wider range of consumers, including visually impaired individuals.
3. Personalized Products - Personalized campaigns and products can help brands create a more engaging and meaningful experience for their customers, as demonstrated by Coca-Cola's braille bottles and cans.
1. Beverage - Beverage companies can leverage braille packaging to enhance accessibility of their products and tap into new consumer segments.
2. Marketing - The marketing industry can embrace inclusive marketing practices to promote diversity and cater to the needs of visually impaired consumers.
3. Packaging - The packaging industry can explore innovative solutions to incorporate braille on various products and make them more inclusive.