The 'Blincam' was designed by a Tokyo-based start-up and was created to take photos easily from the perspective of the user.
The camera works by being attached to glasses and can sense when the person wearing it blinks or winks. When the user blinks, the camera takes a photo and captures whatever they were looking at. These photos upload to an accompanying app where they can be viewed or deleted. While some may see the camera as unnecessary, it could be excellent for people who seek to enjoy more candid photos as opposed to ones that have been posed and thought through.
By photographing organic moments from the exact perspective of the wearer, the Blincam is able to capture moments that would otherwise only be memories.
The 'Blincam' Can Take Photos When the User Blinks or Winks
1. Wearable Cameras - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating more advanced and intuitive wearable cameras that capture moments effortlessly.
2. Gesture-controlled Technology - Potential for disruptive innovation in developing cameras and devices that can be controlled through subtle gestures like blinking or winking.
3. Candid Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity in creating tools and platforms that cater to the growing demand for unposed and natural photography.
1. Technology - Potential for disruptive innovation in the technology industry to create advanced camera systems and wearable devices.
2. Photography - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the photography industry to explore new ways of capturing candid moments through innovative camera technologies.
3. Fashion & Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the fashion and accessories industry to incorporate wearable cameras seamlessly into stylish eyewear designs.