This series of playful bird furniture from Felicia Ferrone takes inspiration from where feathered friends like to perch. This includes lighting fixtures shaped like bird cages, tables that resemble bird baths and slender coat racks that take after tall, spindly trees.
These colorful furniture pieces are playful, yet minimalist, experimenting with a balance of organic shapes and rigid angular elements. As a trio, the set of avian-inspired decor works beautifully together without being overbearing, although each of the pieces also has the strength to stand on its own in a home as well. In describing her collection, the furniture designer remarks that "Delivering the unexpected through a seemingly simple gesture is one of the driving forces behind my work."
Felicia Ferrone's Bird Furniture Collection Mimics Cages & Branches
1. Avian-inspired Furniture - Opportunity for furniture designers to create playful and minimalist pieces inspired by birds.
2. Organic and Angular Design - Opportunity to combine organic shapes and angular elements in furniture design.
3. Unexpected Gestures in Design - Opportunity for designers to deliver unexpected elements in furniture design.
1. Furniture Design - Opportunity for furniture designers to create avian-inspired pieces.
2. Lighting Fixtures - Opportunity to design lighting fixtures shaped like bird cages.
3. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor designers to incorporate avian-inspired elements in their designs.