This beautiful golden bubble belongs to the 'Auto Garage' art project by Ines Tartler. The German artist was commissioned to turn parked cars at the Britomart Transport Centre in Aukland, New Zealand into works of gilded art.
"Patrons of the car park will be invited by a pair of attendants to host one of the car covers on their own car while it is parked, and thereby become part of the Auto Garage concept and project," Britomart explains. "Each persons participation will be documented and each will receive a memento of their involvement, including a photograph of them with their car and with Auto Garage installed on their car. Public interaction will begin with an audition call for the Auto Garage attendants."
Check out some more parked car innovations in the related articles below.
Gilded 'Auto Garage' Parking Lot Project by Ines Tartler
1. Gilded Art Installations - The creation of gilded art installations decorating everyday objects and spaces presents an opportunity for artists and designers to revamp mundane objects and spaces into works of art.
2. Interactive Parking Installations - The creation of interactive parking installations offers companies and artists a chance to engage with the public in unique ways and build brand awareness through experiential marketing.
3. Augmented Reality Participation - The use of augmented reality technology in installations, such as Car Garage, presents an opportunity for artists and companies to innovate the way the public interacts with art installations and physical spaces.
1. Art - Through the creation of innovative gilded art installations like Car Garage, artists and designers can transform mundane objects and spaces into works of art that will gain public attention and sell for considerable profit.
2. Marketing - Brands looking to capture public attention and build brand awareness can incorporate interactive parking installations like Car Garage as part of their marketing campaigns and long-term strategies.
3. Technology - Businesses that incorporate augmented reality technology into their products and installations, like Car Garage, have the opportunity to create new and innovative ways for the public to interact with physical spaces, products, and art.