Danish designer Cecilie Manz created the minimal Atmosphere collection for German label Gloster. The collection is comprised of a series of dining and seating pieces inspired by the interactions between couples, groups, families and friends. Atmosphere is comprised of a chaise-lounge, an ottoman, two sofas, a coffee table, two dining benches and two dining tables. The furniture pieces slide low and have tucked legs that rest side-by-side -- Manz expresses that this resembles the mannerisms of interaction.
The pieces are meant to stand lower than standard furniture to give off a sense of comfort because sitting low puts one in a familiar and more soothing embrace. The range sees a blend of powder-coated aluminum framing with Gloster's teak wood and self-supporting panels.
Cecilie Manz Designed the Atmosphere Collection for Gloster
1. Minimal Furniture Designs - The Atmosphere collection by Cecilie Manz showcases the potential for chic yet minimalistic furniture designs as an emerging trend.
2. Emotional Design for Furniture - By focusing on the interactions between people and the furniture, Atmosphere demonstrates the potential for furniture that is designed to evoke certain emotions as a growing trend.
3. Low Seating for Comfort - Atmosphere's emphasis on low seating as a way to create a more comfortable and familiar environment highlights a growing trend for furniture that prioritizes relaxation over formality.
1. Furniture Design - The Atmosphere collection by Cecilie Manz showcases the potential for the furniture design industry to create minimalist furniture designs that prioritize emotional connections over elaborate style.
2. Home Decor - The focus on comfort and emotional design in the Atmosphere collection highlights a growing trend in the home decor industry towards creating spaces that are designed with relaxation and comfort in mind.
3. Hospitality Design - As restaurants, hotels and cafes shift towards creating more relaxing and comfortable spaces, Atmosphere demonstrates the potential for the hospitality design industry to utilize low seating and emotional design to create inviting spaces for guests.