One normally expects to put a bowl into the dishwasher, and not to see a dishwasher in a bowl, yet these Alice Mara printed plates present this rather perplexing possibility.
The artist takes photographs and transfers them in vivid detail onto kitchen crockery. Pictures of stovetops, washing machines, sinks and dishwashers provide unfamiliar vessels for presenting steak and salad.
Particularly interested in the ways that different objects and images come to mean different things in unusual contexts, the artist also transposes images of urban and natural environments onto platters, taken from all different angles.
Working with ceramics and porecelain, the Alice Mara printed plates are also extended in the exploration of the merging to two media onto coasters, bowls and mugs, and is responsible for incredible artisan works, pasted with very contemporary irony.
Alice Mara Printed Plates Offer Dizzying Dish Perspectives
1. Printed Dishware - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring the intersection of art and functional homeware by transferring vivid images onto kitchen crockery.
2. Unconventional Plating - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Challenging traditional dining presentations by using images of household appliances as vessels for serving food.
3. Cross-media Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merging ceramics and porcelain with other mediums, such as coasters and bowls, to create artisan works with a contemporary twist.
1. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing printed dishware as a unique and artistic option for consumers looking to personalize their home dining experience.
2. Artisanal Craft - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating cross-media design techniques in ceramic and porcelain crafts to create one-of-a-kind pieces with a modern touch.
3. Gourmet Food and Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with artists and designers to offer unconventional plating options that enhance the dining experience and surprise customers.