Until I started perusing the Internet for the unique innovations, a building was just a building—yet architecture such as the proposed Al-Birr Foundation Headquarters proves me wrong, and happily so.
Designed by Perkins+Will, the Al-Birr Foundation Headquarters won the “Architectural Review / MIPIM Future Projects Award” in the ‘tall buildings’ category. A sustainable urban tower, it draws important elements from the city it will call home: Riyadh, KSA.
Perkins+Will Wins With Al-Birr Foundation Headquarters
1. Sustainable Urban Architecture - The trend of incorporating sustainability into urban architecture, as demonstrated by the Al-Birr Foundation Headquarters.
2. Mesh Building Design - The trend of incorporating unique mesh designs in building architecture as seen in the Al-Birr Foundation Headquarters.
3. Smart Building Technology - The trend of utilizing smart technology in building design as a means of enhancing efficiency and sustainability.
1. Architecture and Design - The architecture and design industry, which has an opportunity to incorporate sustainable and innovative design elements in future projects.
2. Construction Industry - The construction industry, which can adopt new techniques and materials such as mesh wrapping for buildings.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry, which can create opportunities to develop smart building technologies and expand their capabilities.