The Zoë Alliance is a social enterprise that allows customers to give back simply by making regularly purchases; specifically the social enterprise focuses on socially-empowering corporate gifting.
Through the network, shoppers can purchase high quality items such as silky throws handcrafted in India, leather portfolios stitched by Guatemalan artisans, board games made by hand in Haiti, and business card holders made from Jade by people with disabilities in Canada.
In addition to offering ethical employment for these people, 10% of the purchase price from each item goes toward a local school or project.
With the motto "think bigger than fairtrade," Zoë Alliance aims to end the cycle of poverty through sustainable business practices in India, Haiti, Guatemala, as well as for groups who struggle with unemployment in other countries.
Zoë Alliance was started three years ago by Angela Draskovic, who has a background in non-profit and business, having held senior positions at Lucent Technologies and Zhone Technologies. She currently sits on the board for several charities and is active in communities focused on social enterprise and international development.
Zoë Alliance website
Zoë Alliance on Twitter
Zoë Alliance on Facebook
Handcrafted Gifts from Zoe Alliance Offer Ethical Employment
1. Socially-empowering Corporate Gifting - Opportunity for businesses to align their gifting practices with social impact by supporting ethically-made products and contributing to local schools or projects.
2. Sustainable Business Practices - Growing trend of businesses adopting sustainable practices to address social issues and end the cycle of poverty in countries like India, Haiti, and Guatemala.
3. Ethical Employment - Rising demand for products created by artisans from marginalized communities, creating opportunities for businesses to support ethical employment and empower individuals with disabilities.
1. Corporate Gifting - Incorporating ethically-made and socially-empowering products into corporate gifting practices can differentiate businesses and align them with customer values.
2. Social Enterprises - Social enterprises focused on sustainable business practices and supporting marginalized communities have the potential to disrupt traditional industry models.
3. Artisanal Craftsmanship - Industries that promote and support artisanal craftsmanship can tap into the growing demand for ethically-made and unique products.