Inspired by the popularity of Reddit's 'Ask Me Anything' threads (known on the site as AMAs,) the Yam app is aiming to make Q & A sessions more interactive and compelling than the text-only format. The Yam app offers video-based Q & A session, with both those asking and those answering questions earning points within the app's system.
Aside from the simple fact that consuming video content is easier and more passive than reading through a long chain of messages in a forum, Yam (which stands for "You ask me") gamifies the process of Q & A sessions. When a user wants to pose a question, they put an offer price on it using points on the app. If the person answering questions chooses that one, both parties will receive that amount of points.
The Yam App Focuses on Story-Telling for Q & A Sessions
1. Video-based Q&A Platforms - The rise of video-based Q&A platforms has created an opportunity to make question sessions more engaging and user-friendly through video content.
2. Gamification of Q&A Sessions - Gamification of Q&A sessions is a trend that allows users to earn points by asking and answering questions, encouraging higher participation rates.
3. Social Storytelling in Q&A Sessions - Social storytelling promotes a more personal approach to Q&A sessions and creates new opportunities for brands to engage with their customers.
1. Social Media Marketing - The rise of video-based Q&A platforms and the gamification of Q&A sessions creates new opportunities for businesses to leverage social media marketing strategies that promote community engagement and interaction.
2. Edtech - The gamification of Q&A sessions in educational technology (EdTech) provides a unique learning experience that helps increase student participation and engagement with the platform.
3. Customer Service - Video-based Q&A platforms offer customer service opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers in a more personal and engaging way, providing them with quick and efficient solutions to their problems.