As part of its annual Chocolatier Ice Cream Collaboration for Valentine’s Day, Salt & Straw developed a series of unique ice frozen desserts with small-batch craft chocolatiers.
The 'Xocolatl de Davíd's Miso Bar' ice cream recreates the taste of Xocolatl de Davíd's limited-run Miso Bar with a formula that's part sweet white miso and part savory red miso. Together, Salt & Straw notes that both misos form a "wonderfully malty texture" that enhances the taste of the added miso fudge with its umami flavor.
As well as working with Xocolatl de Davíd, Salt & Straw also collaborated with Cocanú Chocolate, Alma Chocolate, Woodblock Chocolate and Lillie Belle Farms on a range of unforgettable Chocolatier Series desserts.
Image Credit: Salt & Straw
Salt & Straw's Xocolatl de Davíd’s Miso Bar Dessert is a Collaborative Treat
1. Miso Ice Cream - The combination of savory and sweet flavor profiles presents an opportunity for dessert innovation, introducing new products and flavor combinations.
2. Collaborative Desserts - Collaborating with niche confectionary brands presents an opportunity for unique flavor profiles and creates cross-marketing opportunities.
3. Craft Chocolatiers - Partnering with small-batch craft chocolatiers presents an opportunity to cater to consumers' desire for artisanal and unique products.
1. Ice Cream - The ice cream industry can innovate by incorporating unconventional flavors that appeal to the changing palate preferences of consumers.
2. Confectionary - Confectionary companies can use collaboration as a way to expand into new markets, promote brand recognition, and offer unique confectioneries.
3. Chocolate - Involving craft chocolatiers in development and production presents an opportunity for the chocolate industry to cater to consumers' growing interest in artisanal and unique products.