At a time when hard seltzer is in high demand, Del Mar Wine Seltzer is entering the category with a mission to challenge popular malt-based seltzers. The light and refreshing wine-based seltzers are made in Napa Valley from premium California grapes and are offered in flavors like Black Cherry, Grapefruit, White Peach and Watermelon. The products can be purchased in slim, 355-milliliter cans, which come in at just 4% ABV and boast simple ingredients, natural flavors and no added sugar.
The 95-calorie products were created with wellness in mind and each variety promises a unique flavor experience. While the Grapefruit variety, made from California Rosé wine, offers hints of rose, the white wine-based Black Cherry flavor includes lavender.
Image Credit: Del Mar Wine Seltzer
Del Mar Wine Seltzer Offers an Alternative to Malt-Based Seltzers
1. Wine-based Hard Seltzers - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Creating a new segment in the hard seltzer market by offering wine-based alternatives to malt-based seltzers.
2. Premium Ingredients and Natural Flavors - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Providing consumers with healthier and more sophisticated beverage options by using premium California grapes and natural ingredients in the production of hard seltzers.
3. Low-calorie and Wellness-focused Beverages - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Meeting the increasing demand for low-calorie and wellness-oriented products by offering light and refreshing wine-based seltzers with no added sugar.
1. Alcoholic Beverages - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Introducing innovative wine-based hard seltzers that cater to changing consumer preferences in the alcoholic beverages industry.
2. Beverage Packaging - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Designing sleek and eco-friendly packaging solutions for slim cans that enhance the appeal of wine-based hard seltzers.
3. Functional Beverages - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Expanding the market for functional beverages by positioning wine-based hard seltzers as a healthier alternative to traditional malt-based seltzers.