In the eyes of some consumers, raisins are much less exciting to consume than fresh grapes or wine—but Wine RayZyn is out to change this by making snacks from wine grapes.
Wine RayZyn recently added to its existing CabernayZyns variety, with two all-new flavors: MerlayZyns and ChardonayZyns. These snacks made from hand-harvested wine grapes include the skin and seeds to provide the utmost fiber, nutrients and antioxidant content—this unique feature is also said to give the raisin snacks a crunch.
In terms of taste, Wine RayZyn co-founder Andrew Cates describes the CabernayZyns (made from Cabernet Sauvignon wine grapes) as being like "cabernet jam wrapped around a toasted pine nut." On the other hand, the ChardonayZyns (made from Chardonnay wine grapes) are said to have notes of toasted caramel, apricot, crème brûlée and green apple; Cates affectionately calls this variety "nature’s gummy bear."
Wine RayZyn Makes Snacks from Hand-Harvested Wine Grapes
1. Wine-inspired Snacks - The trend of creating snacks from wine grapes provides an opportunity to offer unique and flavorful alternatives to traditional raisins.
2. Incorporating Skin and Seeds - The trend of using the skin and seeds of grapes in snacks opens up opportunities to provide added fiber, nutrients, and antioxidant content, as well as a satisfying crunch.
3. Distinctive Flavor Profiles - The trend of offering raisin snacks with flavors resembling popular wine varieties allows for unique taste experiences that can cater to different consumer preferences.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore the creation of wine-inspired snacks using hand-harvested wine grapes, offering a differentiated product in the market.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can leverage the trend of incorporating grape skin and seeds in snacks to provide products with enhanced nutritional benefits, attracting health-conscious consumers.
3. Snack Foods - The snack foods industry can capitalize on the trend of distinctive flavor profiles in raisin snacks, appealing to consumers looking for indulgent and unique snack options.