Burger King recently created a Whooper air freshener for those who have always wanted to enjoy the smell of fresh burgers inside their car. Designed to smell and look like the chain's iconic burger, the air freshener offers a quirky take on the idea of the new car smell.
The new Whooper air freshener consists of a burger-shaped ornament that is designed to hang off of a driver's rearview mirror. The product gives off the scent of the chain's signature frame-broiled burgers, giving each car a familiar fast food smell.
While the idea of a burger-scented air freshener may sound unusual, when the clever car accessory was tested by Burger King Brazil it immediately promoted demands for rounds of Whoppers and fries from hungry passengers.
The Whopper Air Freshener Brings the Smell of Burger King to the Car
1. Branded Air Fresheners - Creating unique air fresheners that mimic the scent of popular brands could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for the air freshener industry.
2. Fast Food Merchandise - Creating merchandise based on popular fast food chains could open up a new revenue stream for the fast food industry.
3. Scent Marketing - Using scent to market products and services could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for the advertising industry.
1. Air Freshener Industry - The air freshener industry could benefit from partnering with popular brands to create unique scented products that stand out in a crowded market.
2. Fast Food Industry - The fast food industry could expand its product offerings beyond food and beverage to merchandise that fans can enjoy.
3. Advertising Industry - Ad agencies could experiment with scent marketing as a way to create more immersive and memorable campaigns for their clients.