Undercover agents do not have to be 'wired' anymore. Designed by UK company WCCTV for law enforcement and security personnel, the 3G Covert Backpack is perfect for surveillance (or other ideas some twisted minds will surely use it for).
The central unit of the body-worn equipment uses a robust compact Flash card for digital, evidential quality recording of agents' video and audio footage. Using 3G mobile phone technology, data can be remotely monitored by a supervisor, who can evaluate the situation in real-time and dispatch backup assistance or advise the agent on possible courses of action on the spot. An optional GPS receiver can be integrated which tracks and maps the exact location of agents in the field. A Panic Alarm button allows agents to notify the supervisor that they need immediate assistance. At the end of an operation, data can easily be backed up for evidential purposes, reducing the need for paperwork.
Britain is already notorious for having the most CCTVs per head of population - and this WCCTV will surely help increase that number.
WCCTV 3G Covert Backpack
1. Body-worn Surveillance - The trend towards body-worn equipment in law enforcement and security has created opportunities for manufacturers of portable, covert technologies.
2. Remote Monitoring Technology - Remote monitoring technology that utilizes mobile phone networks has potential opportunities in security, surveillance and other fields where real-time monitoring is essential.
3. Evidential Recording Technology - The increase in demand for evidential quality recording technology in law enforcement and security has created opportunities for tech companies to supply the market with robust, compact devices.
1. Law Enforcement - The trend towards body-worn surveillance and remote monitoring technology in law enforcement creates opportunities for manufacturers and suppliers of portable, covert and evidential recording systems.
2. Security - In the security industry, the use of remote monitoring technology and body-worn surveillance equipment could create opportunities for companies to provide real-time monitoring solutions for clients.
3. Data Management - There is potential for data management companies to offer backup solutions that cater specifically to the needs of law enforcement and security personnel who require evidential quality recording technology in order to comply with legal requirements.