The 'Baycycle' is a water bicycle that makes it possible to ride your bicycle anywhere, even across large bodies of water. The Baycycle project notes that the Earth is mostly covered by water and nearly one billion bicycles are used across the globe — but only on land.
The Baycycle has a pontoon-type base that allows a user to float on the water's surface while pedalling and steering just as they would on land. This removes a lot of obstacles that cyclists face on the road or sidewalk. To ride safely on this water bike, perhaps in addition to a helmet users should wear water wings.
The Baycycle project is currently collecting funds through Indiegogo to help make cycling on any surface possible.
Photo Credits: designboom, indiegogo
The 'Baycycle' Water Bicycle Makes Cycling on Water an Option
1. Water Bicycles - The Baycycle project is disrupting traditional cycling by creating a water bicycle that allows riders to pedal and steer on water.
2. Aquatic Transit - The Baycycle project is tapping into the trend of exploring new modes of transportation by creating a water bicycle for riding across bodies of water.
3. Alternative Cycling - The Baycycle project is revolutionizing cycling by offering a unique and innovative way to ride bicycles across large bodies of water.
1. Water Sports - The Baycycle project opens up new possibilities for the water sports industry by introducing a water bicycle that combines cycling and floating on water.
2. Tourism - The Baycycle project presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the tourism industry by offering a novel way for tourists to explore bodies of water on a bicycle.
3. Outdoor Recreation - The Baycycle project taps into the outdoor recreation industry by providing a new and exciting activity of riding bicycles on water.