WalkWise is a technology startup that looks to create products for seniors, and recently the company created a smart walker attachment. The smart walker attachment was created in order to allow seniors to connect to the family during social distancing, and it keeps the family informed about the health of the senior using the product.
The device is placed on the wheel of a walker, and it sends data and safety alerts to family members through text messages or via the WalkWise app. Family members will be notified if the walker is not moving, or they can receive alerts if it falls. WalkWise's new device will not need to be charged, and the user does not need a smartphone.
Image Credit: WalkWise
WalkWise's New Product Informs Family Members If a Senior Falls
1. Smart Health Monitoring - This trend creates opportunities for companies to develop more technologies that allow for remote health monitoring for seniors
2. Connectivity for Social Distancing - This trend creates opportunities for companies to create more technologies that help people stay connected with their family while maintaining social distancing
3. Accessible Technology for Seniors - This trend creates opportunities for companies to develop products that cater to the needs of senior citizens
1. Healthcare - This industry can leverage the trend of smart health monitoring to create products that help seniors monitor their health at home
2. Technology - This industry can leverage the trend of connectivity for social distancing to create new products that help people stay connected from afar
3. Senior Care - This industry can leverage the trend of accessible technology for seniors to create products that cater to the specific needs of aging populations