Held on Blue Monday, the day science has determined to be the "saddest" day of the year, this intriguing VR event for travel booking platform Kayak transported individuals from London to Miami in a flash.
The immersive pop-up invited passersby to take a seat in a beach chair, put their toes in the sand and enjoy a taste of the sights and sounds of Miami Beach. Located within London's Gallery Different on Percy Street, the unique brand activation aimed to capitalize on the emphasis around Blue Monday by providing a momentary escape from the dull winter weather and short sunlight hours.
The Kayak VR event is unique based on its incorporation of external multi-sensory stimulation in the form of sound and touch.
This Kayak Pop-Up Transported People to Miami Via VR
1. Immersive VR Experiences - Opportunities to create VR events that transport individuals to different locations and provide multi-sensory experiences.
2. Escape From Reality - Creating VR experiences that provide momentary escapes from everyday life, especially during difficult times.
3. Incorporation of Multi-sensory Stimulation - Incorporating sound and touch to enhance the immersive experience of VR events.
1. Travel and Tourism - Using VR technology to offer virtual travel experiences and promote destinations.
2. Event Planning - Using VR technology to create unique and immersive experiences for brand activations and events.
3. Entertainment and Leisure - Developing VR experiences that provide a form of entertainment and escapism for individuals.