In partnership with Google, Walmart is set to offer a voice shopping service to those who own a Google Home or a mobile device with the Google Express app.
With this new partnership between Walmart and Google, consumers will be able to take advantage of the Easy Reorder feature for Google Express, which compiles shopping baskets of previously purchased goods. The system will also be able to make smart recommendations based on purchases, offering a more personalized shopping experience to consumers who opt to link Google Express with their Walmart account.
The new shopping services offered between Walmart and Google are set to compete with the ease of ordering through Amazon Prime with Alexa and devices like Echo. Following the initial launch of these new voice-activated shopping services, Walmart has plans to make it possible for consumers to purchase fresh groceries and select in-store pickup for orders as an alternative to delivery.
Walmart is Set to Offer Voice Shopping in Partnership with Google
1. Voice-activated Shopping - The partnership between Walmart and Google presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to create voice-activated shopping services that offer a personalized and convenient shopping experience.
2. Smart Recommendations - The integration of Easy Reorder feature and personalized recommendations provides an opportunity for businesses to develop smart recommendation systems that enhance the shopping experience and encourage repeat purchases.
3. Competing with Amazon Prime - The collaboration between Walmart and Google in voice shopping services creates an opportunity for businesses to compete with Amazon Prime and its voice-activated ordering system, Alexa, by offering compelling alternatives and improved convenience.
1. Retail - The voice shopping partnership between Walmart and Google opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for retailers to incorporate voice-activated shopping into their business models and improve the shopping experience for customers.
2. E-commerce - The integration of voice shopping services by Walmart and Google creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for e-commerce companies to leverage voice-activated technology and provide a seamless shopping experience for customers.
3. Technology - The collaboration between Walmart and Google in offering voice shopping services presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for technology companies to develop voice recognition and recommendation systems that can be integrated into various sectors to enhance user experience.