Bringing their exhilarating shows from stage to home, U2 partnered with Apple to create a 360-degree virtual reality music video for their latest song, "Song for Someone." The band's new song can be experienced through the Oculus store on a GearVR headset or through the Vrse downloaded app. Finally, concert attendees can experience it on U2's 'Experience bus' that Apple also sponsored.
The virtual reality music video take viewers around the world, witnessing the band perform with audience members as well as other celebrities singing along to the song. Best experienced in a swivel chair, the video's binaural audio also works well with headphones, giving a full experience.
U2 and Apple are not a new partnership, as the band was close to late founder Steve Jobs. Moreover, the technology brand dropped Bono's song into everyone's iTunes last year.
U2 and Apple Team Up to Deliver a New Song in a 360-Degree Video
1. 360-degree Virtual Reality - The trend of creating immersive virtual reality experiences that allow users to view content from all angles presents opportunities for innovative storytelling and brand engagement.
2. Music Videos in Virtual Reality - The trend of producing music videos in virtual reality offers new ways for artists to connect with fans and enhance the visual storytelling of their songs.
3. Virtual Reality Concert Experiences - The trend of using virtual reality to bring live concert experiences to fans at home or on-the-go provides opportunities for expanding audience reach and creating unforgettable performances.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage virtual reality technology to create unique and immersive experiences for music, film, and gaming.
2. Technology - The technology industry can develop innovative virtual reality platforms and devices to facilitate the creation and distribution of virtual reality music videos and concert experiences.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can utilize virtual reality music videos as a powerful tool for brand promotion and customer engagement, allowing for immersive storytelling and interactive experiences.