The Veloloop is a contraption that allows your bicycle to set off road-embedded traffic sensors. If you commute by bicycle, chances are you've experienced the frustration of being the only vehicle at a controlled intersection but not getting a green light because the traffic sensors don't detect your bicycle. The Veloloop solves this very problem.
Traffic sensors work by forming an electromagnetic field in the surface layer; this allows traffic signal controllers to detect large metal objects (cars). The Veloloop emits its own signal to affect the sensor's magnetic field.
The Veloloop's developers, who are based in California, are running a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for its production and distribution. A pledge of $99 will secure you a unit if and when the campaign hits its fundraising target.
The Veloloop Helps Bicycles Trigger Traffic Light Sensors
1. Bicycle Traffic Sensor Technology - Companies can invest in developing and marketing advanced sensor technology for bicycles to improve safety and convenience while riding.
2. Smart City Traffic Technology - Smart cities can adopt innovative traffic technology like the Veloloop to improve traffic flow and safety for bicycles and all vehicles.
3. Sustainable Transportation - The Veloloop and other bicycle sensor technology advancements can promote biking as a sustainable mode of transportation and improve urban mobility.
1. Transportation - Transportation companies can integrate bicycle sensor technology into their products to enhance safety and convenience for their customers.
2. Smart City - Smart city developers and planners can invest in bicycle sensor technology to improve traffic flow and safety for bicyclists and motorists.
3. Environmental Sustainability - Sustainability-focused organizations can promote bicycle transportation by supporting and partnering with companies and initiatives like the Veloloop to reduce carbon emissions and promote green transportation.