'Unreal' candy was born when 13-year-old Nicky Bronner was looking to come to a compromise with his parents about the unhealthiness of junk food. Now 15, Nicky and his brother have successfully turned their solution into a lucrative brand.
Using different ingredients and more healthful alternatives to those used in traditional junk food, the boys (with the help of their parents) were able to create more health-conscious delicious goods sure to please parents and their sugar-loving offsprings. Eliminating preservatives, GMOs and artificial ingredients, these are both more natural and calorie-conscious candies. Set to be released in July, the story behind this product as well as the healthful mission that inspired it are sure to make the candies best-sellers.
Proving that innovation can occur no matter what age one might be, this is a great kid-created innovation.
'Unreal' Candy is Owned by a 15-Year-Old
1. Health-conscious Junk Food Alternatives - The trend of creating more natural, calorie-conscious candies provides an opportunity for brands to explore the development of new products that cater to the growing health-conscious market.
2. Young Entrepreneurship - The trend of young people starting successful businesses presents an opportunity for mentorship programs and investors to capitalize on the innovation of young entrepreneurs.
3. Eliminating Harmful Ingredients - The trend of eliminating preservatives, GMOs, and artificial ingredients creates opportunities for companies to develop innovative products that cater to the increasing customer demand for healthier food options.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - The food and beverage industry can explore the development of more health-conscious alternatives to traditional junk food to cater to the growing health-conscious market.
2. Entrepreneurship and Mentorship - The success story of 'Unreal' candy presents opportunities for mentorship programs and investors to support young entrepreneurs and their innovative ideas.
3. Consumer Goods Industry - The consumer goods industry can capitalize on the trend of eliminating harmful ingredients by exploring new product lines with more natural and health-conscious ingredients.