The tropical house interior of this property on Sullivan's Island is a result of the collaborative efforts between design studio Basic Projects and architect Heather Wilson. The refurbished space features white walls and concrete floors with warming furniture motifs and pastel colors.
Accompanied by mahogany French doors, brass fixtures and "an original Outrigger canoe paddle from the 60s," the tropical house interior takes cues from the owner's trips to Fiji and Hawaii.
Most of the materials Basic Project's designers Kate and Ben Towell use are upcycled and second-hand. This is also the case here, as the bedroom itself boasts an antique map, vintage hula girl photograph, as well as a Hawaiian poster from the 1950s that further solidifies the whole tropical house interior motif.
Phtoto Credits: Basic Projects
The Design of This South Carolina House is Vintage and Welcoming
1. Vintage House Interiors - Create a nostalgic and welcoming atmosphere by incorporating vintage furniture and motifs into house interiors.
2. Upcycled Materials - Utilize upcycled and second-hand materials to create unique and sustainable interior designs.
3. Tropical Motifs - Infuse tropical elements, such as pastel colors and natural textures, into house interiors for a refreshing and serene vibe.
1. Interior Design - The interior design industry can explore incorporating vintage and tropical elements to create unique and appealing house interiors.
2. Sustainable Furniture - The sustainable furniture industry can promote the use of upcycled materials in their designs to create eco-friendly and stylish pieces.
3. Vacation Home Rentals - The vacation home rental industry can attract guests by offering properties with tropical house interiors that provide a relaxing and exotic getaway experience.