Trend Hunter was featured in a fashion article The Gazette, Montreal’s top paper. The only catch is they noted our content comes from an “army of volunteers”. There is an army of us, which is true, but since we share ad revenue, Trend Hunters get PAID to post trends… Here’s an excerpt from the article:
The Rack Race
Fashion today, like so many other things, is about instant gratification and constant change
By EVA FRIEDE, The Gazette, Published: Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Still, determining the right product is not simple in the information age, in which a swirling mass of news is available to the industry - and to the public - through the Internet, magazines, television, forecasting services, cool-hunting sites, and high-tech programs to track consumer desires.
In the latest twist on cool-hunting, websites have become virtually interactive, feeding trend bytes from an army of volunteers and professionals to anybody who’s interested. Check out trendwatching.com or trendhunter.com for more information than you can shake a stick at.
1. Interactive Cool Hunting - With the rise of interactive cool-hunting websites, there is an opportunity for innovation in the development of new and engaging platforms for trend reporting.
2. Constant Fashion Innovation - As fashion becomes increasingly focused on constant innovation and instant gratification, there is an opportunity for fashion companies to embrace new trends at an even faster pace and create more responsive and agile supply chains.
3. Crowdsourcing Content Creation - There is an opportunity to harness the power of crowdsourcing for content creation, enabling fashion and other industries to tap into the expertise and insights of a global community of volunteers and professionals alike.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has an opportunity to embrace new trends at an even faster pace than before and create more responsive and agile supply chains in response to the rise of constant fashion innovation.
2. Marketing and Advertising Industry - The marketing and advertising industry has an opportunity to explore the potential of interactive cool-hunting websites and create engaging and innovative platforms for trend reporting.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry has an opportunity to develop new tools and platforms that facilitate the crowdsourcing of content creation, shaping the future of industries like fashion and beyond.