Tradera, a Swedish circular marketplace, recently launched the 'Face the Hidden Facts' campaign to highlight the devastating damage done by the fashion industry. The company was able to outsmart Google's algorithm in order to exposed online shoppers to the startling facts about the unsustainable fashion industry.
The facts are hidden in 3D replicas of popular products and include statements such as “the fashion industry is responsible for 8% of the global emissions” and “20% of the world’s water pollution." These replica images were tagged with the same search engine data as the originals to push these faux products to the top of the search result page and be viewed by many. When the link was clicked, the visitor would be taken to Tradera's circular marketplace to a similar -- if not the same -- product available for purchase second-hand.
The Face the Hidden Facts campaign hopes to educate shoppers on the danger of fast fashion while promoting the value of second-hand apparel.
Image Credit: Tradera
Tradera Hid Climate Facts in Replicas of Famous Clothing
1. Circular-apparel-marketplace - A marketplace dedicated to reselling second-hand fashion items that have similar search engine data as originals could disrupt traditional fashion e-commerce.
2. Sustainable-fashion-movement - The Face the Hidden Facts Campaign could inspire a movement towards sustainable fashion and drive demand for circular marketplaces.
3. Climate-exposing-replicas - This approach to highlighting the impact of industries through covert replicas could be applied to other sectors and potentially create disruptive innovation opportunities in advertising and marketing.
1. Fast-fashion-retail - Circular marketplaces offering alternative, second-hand versions of popular fast fashion items could disrupt traditional e-commerce retailers.
2. Sustainable-fashion-entrepreneurship - Entrepreneurs could capitalize on the growing demand for sustainable and second-hand fashion by creating inclusive and environmentally conscious clothing businesses.
3. Digital-advertising-marketing - Using hidden messaging and replicas to expose the impact of industries to consumers could disrupt traditional digital advertising methods.