Nestlé Japan has a seemingly endless assortment of limited-edition Kit Kat flavors for tourists and locals to test out, and recently introduced a personalized Kit Kat vending machine, called 'Travel Memories Kit Kat' in Kyoto.
This unique retail experience enables shoppers to take home the newest candy bar assortments, while adding a personalized touch that extends past the traditional offerings of brand packaging. Through the machine, consumers can print customized images from their smartphones onto the chocolate bar's packaging. This means, that the face of a loved one can be immortalized on a limited edition pack of wasabi-flavored Kit Kats.
Kit Kat has been offering personalized packaging online since 2010, however the physical vending device in Kyoto will be the brand's first self-serving machine.
'Travel Memories Kit Kat' Distributes Personalized Bars in Kyoto
1. Personalized Vending Machines - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Develop vending machines that allow customers to personalize products with their own images or designs.
2. Limited Edition Flavors - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Create limited edition flavors of popular products to cater to the demand for unique and exclusive experiences.
3. Customized Packaging - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Offer customizable packaging options to enhance consumer personalization and connection with the product.
1. Retail Technology - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Develop innovative vending machine technologies to enhance the customer experience and drive sales.
2. Food and Beverage - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Explore new and unique flavors to create limited edition product offerings that appeal to adventurous consumers.
3. Print and Packaging - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Integrate printing technology into packaging processes to enable on-demand customization and personalization.