Expedia Canada's Expedia+ travel loyalty program is now making its launch loud and clear, offering up rewards that are hard to pass up—especially in the cold winter months.
The loyalty platform allows travelers to earn points for dollars with hotels bookings, flights, activities, rentals and travel packages. Plus, triple points are awarded when members make bookings through the Expedia mobile app. Rather than trying to work against other rewards programs like Aeroplan, Expedia+ describes that it lets its members "triple dip," so that consumers can still book with a favorite airline to collect air miles and use a credit card that has its own built-in rewards system at the same time. Sean Shannon, the managing director of Expedia.ca, notes: "There’s not a choice there. We’re not saying we want you to give up this and take that."
The Expedia+ Travel Loyalty Program Lets You Cross-Collect Rewards
1. Multi-channel Rewards Programs - There is an opportunity to create and market multi-channel rewards programs that allow customers to collect rewards from different sources without compromising on their preferences.
2. Mobile-first Loyalty Programs - There is an opportunity to create or transform loyalty programs to be mobile-first, increasing customer engagement and satisfaction by awarding more points for mobile bookings.
3. Winter Seasonal Loyalty Rewards - There is an opportunity to develop seasonal loyalty rewards that cater to seasonal travel, such as those seeking to escape the harsh winter weather.
1. Travel and Hospitality - In the travel and hospitality industry, there is an opportunity to offer customers incentives to book through multiple channels and maximize rewards.
2. Mobile App Development - In the mobile app development industry, there is an opportunity to create loyalty program-specific apps that are feature-rich, user-friendly, and provide better rewards for using the app.
3. Consumer Credit Card Programs - In the consumer credit card industry, there is an opportunity to offer loyalty rewards that are tailored to specific travel destinations, such as winter holidays.