For many years, Crack Jack has been known for the toy prizes hidden inside its delicious popcorn and peanut snacks. Now the company is breaking with tradition by replacing physical toys with QR codes redeemable for digital rewards.
According to a press release issued by FritoLay, the iconic toy prizes in Cracker Jack products will be replaced by "baseball-inspired mobile digital experiences" accessible via QR codes inside each bag. To claim their prize, customers will need to download the Blippar app and scan the Prize Inside sticker located on the inside of the package. There are four baseball-themed activities for customers to choose from, each of which is designed to offer a more interactive brand experience than a traditional toy prize.
The move demonstrates how even the most iconic products are being adapted to suit the needs of a new generation of tech-savvy consumers.
This Company Has Replaced the Toy Prizes in Its Snacks with QR Codes
1. QR Code Prizes - Opportunity for brands to replace physical prizes with QR codes for digital rewards.
2. Mobile Digital Experiences - Industries can create interactive brand experiences through mobile apps and digital rewards.
3. Tech-savvy Consumer Adaptation - Companies need to adapt iconic products to cater to the needs of tech-savvy consumers.
1. Snack Food - Snack companies can explore incorporating QR codes to offer digital rewards instead of physical prizes.
2. Mobile Apps - Opportunity for mobile app developers to create innovative experiences using QR codes and digital rewards.
3. Consumer Products - Companies in various consumer product industries can consider transitioning from physical prizes to digital rewards using QR codes.