Joining best-selling skincare favorites like The Silk Cream and The Liquid Silk Canvas primer is a new product from Tatcha, The Silk Powder. This new product from Tatcha is touted as a skincare-first setting powder that offers protection against pollution and daily blue light exposure, all the while offering a blurring effect. The product can be used to set skincare products with a radiant glow, which means that it has the potential to be used in both makeup and skincare routines.
The Silk Powder was inspired by oshiroi, the opaque white makeup worn by traditional Japanese geishas, used to shield skin from outer elements.
In partnership with livestreaming beauty platform Newness, Tatcha exclusively launched its new The Silk Powder—and this marked the first launch of a product on the platform.
The Silk Powder by Tatcha Shields Skin from Pollution & Blue Light
1. Skincare-first Setting Powders - The rise of skincare-first setting powders presents an opportunity for cosmetic companies to create products that blur fine lines whilst protecting the skin from damaging environmental factors.
2. Blue Light Protection Beauty Products - The expansion of blue light protection beyond just SPF in beauty products offers an opportunity for brands to differentiate themselves with consumers who are increasingly concerned about the impact of technology on their skin.
3. Innovative Makeup-skincare Products - The demand for products that can be used in both makeup and skincare routines offers an opportunity for companies to develop innovative multi-functional products that offer both beauty and skincare benefits.
1. Skincare Industry - The skincare industry can capitalize on the rise of skincare-first setting powders by creating innovative products that offer additional skin benefits such as blue light and pollution protection.
2. Cosmetics Industry - The cosmetics industry can create innovative products that blur fine lines and offer protection against damaging environmental factors to meet the demand for multi-functional makeup-skincare products.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry can develop products or add features to screens and devices that reduce the amount of blue light emitted, thereby addressing growing concerns about the impact of technology on skin health.