Thanks to the most recent software update, the Tesla Summon function is now a capability of all Model X and Model S Tesla vehicles. The function allows owner's to have their vehicles self-park in their own garage, as well as allowing them to turn on and warm up the vehicle from inside the house.
The Tesla Summon function is activated through a dedicated application on the owner's smartphone or through the car key. An extension of the Tesla AutoPilot system, Summon's use is still very limited but is expected to expand. Owners will be able to turn their car on, open the garage door and back the car out into the driveway without the driver having yet left the home.
The Tesla Summon Function Means Cars Can Park Themselves
1. Self-parking Vehicles - Self-parking technology has the potential to make parking easier and more convenient, leading to a new wave of smart parking solutions.
2. Remote Vehicle Control - Integrating remote vehicle control into automotive technology provides new opportunities for driver convenience and personalization.
3. Smartphone-activated Features - The use of smartphone applications to activate vehicle features creates new possibilities for auto industry innovation and customization.
1. Automotive Industry - Automakers can invest in developing self-parking and remote vehicle control technologies, creating a competitive edge in the market.
2. Technology Industry - The integration of self-parking and smartphone-activated features into automotive technology provides opportunities for software and app developers to enter the automotive market.
3. Real Estate Industry - Real estate developers and architects can plan for more compact, efficient parking solutions that integrate with self-parking vehicle technology.