These Brazilian ads for Terra News showcase their grasp on what's new by showing that you can â€œBe The Second To Know,â€ just like the world leaders.
President Barack Obama, Former President George W. Bush and the Dalai Lama are pictured while receiving important news secondhand.
The ads were created by DDB Brasil.
Implications - Satire and political comedy can be powerfully effective in advertisements as long as it focuses on public figures that are easily recognizable. This campaign is a great example of an effort that lampoons well established icons and thus is more likely to resonate with viewers from a varied and diverse number of backgrounds with equal effectiveness and efficiency.
Terra News Mocks Obama, Bush & Dalai Lama
1. Political Comedy Ads - Creative and humorous political advertisements can increase the reach and impact of a company's message.
2. Satirical Marketing - Satirical ads can help brands differentiate themselves and engage with audiences in a more memorable way.
3. Iconic Figure Branding - Using recognizable public figures in advertisements can help companies capture attention and add credibility to their message.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can incorporate satire and humor to create memorable and effective campaigns.
2. Media - Satirical advertisements can help media companies build a loyal audience and differentiate themselves from competitors.
3. Political Commentary Industry - Political commentary shows and websites can partner with brands to create humorous and engaging advertisements that resonate with their audiences.