The French car manufacturing company 'Renault' has a billboard with targeted ads that market its cars.
The billboards are set up on a large building and were designed with technology created by 'Ocean Outdoor.' The technology that accompanies the billboards is able to identify the "make, model and color of stationary vehicles from their number plates" and as a result is able to assign that model to the audience demographics and data that have been assigned to it. The billboards are then able to advertise to the person inside the vehicle by displaying messages to them as they drive by.
These interactive targeted ads are likely the future of technology as consumers become more immune to regular advertising and become increasingly diverse in their desires and needs.
These Targeted Ads are Able To Recognize and Advertise to Individual Cars
1. Interactive Targeted Ads - Opportunity for advertisers to engage with consumers on a personal level by delivering customized messages based on individual data.
2. Vehicle Recognition Technology - Potential for advancements in technology that can accurately identify vehicles' make, model, and color from number plates, enabling personalized advertising.
3. Diversification of Consumer Desires - Disruptive innovation opportunities in catering to the increasingly diverse desires and needs of consumers through targeted advertising.
1. Advertising - Disruptive opportunities to revolutionize the advertising industry by delivering personalized, interactive ads using vehicle recognition technology.
2. Automotive - Potential for automotive industry to leverage vehicle recognition technology by partnering with advertisers and monetizing personalized advertising on vehicles.
3. Technology - Opportunity for technological advancements in vehicle recognition and targeted advertising to drive innovation in the technology industry.