'Powerful Yogurt' released a special strawberry yogurt in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each October, the American Cancer Society holds a campaign to increase awareness about breast cancer. In honor of this event, many brands have designed products that send a message about the need to continue funding cancer research.
Powerful Yogurt's take on the annual campaign comes in the form of a strawberry yogurt packaged in a vibrant pink container. The yogurt cup features a pink ribbon on the package to indicate support for breast cancer research. Beyond simply promoting awareness, the company also plans to donate a portion of its sales to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, which provides support and treatment for patients diagnosed with the disease.
CEO Carlos Ramirez explains that the aim of the initiative is to not only help find a cure for the disease, but to also show support for those who are affected by breast cancer.
This Strawberry Yogurt Honors Breast Cancer Awareness Month
1. Branded Cause-related Products - Businesses can create special products that align with socially and/or culturally relevant causes to capitalize on consumers' desire for products that make a positive impact.
2. Health Consciousness and Product Innovation - Companies can incorporate health-promoting ingredients, flavors, and packaging to demonstrate commitment to healthy lifestyle choices while also offering unique and differentiated products.
3. Social Media-driven Cause Marketing - Businesses can leverage social media platforms to promote and amplify their cause-related initiatives, connecting with consumers on a deeper level and creating a sense of social responsibility affinity.
1. Food and Beverage - Companies in the food and beverage industry can create health-promoting and cause-related products to drive sales and increase consumer loyalty.
2. Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment - Research into natural and alternative treatments for cancer and promotion of preventative lifestyle choices (such as diet and exercise) can disrupt the traditional cancer treatment market.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Agencies can leverage cause-related marketing initiatives to build their clients' brands while also generating positive social impact and consumer goodwill.