Last night's performance of 'Stranded' at Hope for Haiti Now by Jay-Z, Rihanna and Bono redefines the term "epic charitable anthem." These inimitable pop culture fixtures took over the telethon; you can see their performance above.
The charity single is available now on iTunes and will benefit the Haiti earthquake relief efforts. Check out the video of the performance of 'Stranded' at Hope for Haiti Now above.
Implications - Celebrities who are able to show their charitable sides instantly appeal to consumers who are empathetic of those less fortunate. Similarly, businesses should constantly be striving to publicize their charitable efforts in order to appeal to consumers who have appreciate corporations contributions to society.
Rihanna, Jay-Z and Bono Perform 'Stranded' at Hope for Haiti Now
1. Celebrity Philanthropy - Opportunity for businesses to partner with celebrities and leverage their charitable efforts for brand exposure.
2. Corporate Social Responsibility - Growing consumer demand for businesses that actively contribute to solving social issues presents an opportunity for companies to incorporate philanthropy into their business strategies.
3. Digital Fundraising - Adoption of digital platforms for fundraising allows for wider reach and greater convenience in donating to charitable causes.
1. Entertainment - Opportunity for the entertainment industry to collaborate with charities and celebrities to create charitable anthems and events.
2. Retail - Opportunity for retailers to incorporate philanthropic initiatives and partnerships with charities to enhance their brand image and attract socially conscious consumers.
3. Technology - Opportunity for technology companies to develop innovative digital fundraising platforms that facilitate seamless and secure donations to charitable causes.