These portraits by Steef Veldhoen are part of a series called '(In)vulnerable,' which seeks to add a human face to the urban portraits we've seen so much of lately. Typically, these shoots feature abandoned buildings in an advanced state of decay; Steef Veldhoen's version adds spice to the mix with the addition of expressive human models.
The second image is the one that haunted me most. There's something about seeing a model in an angelic white dress draped over a slab of concrete that's visually arresting. See more from this Steef Veldhoen shoot above.
'(In)vulnerable' by Steef Veldhoen Mixes Models & Abandoned Buildings
1. Humanized Urban Portraits - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Create a platform that connects urban photographers with models to humanize and add emotion to their portraits.
2. Abandoned Buildings - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Develop a technology or service that repurposes abandoned buildings for creative and artistic purposes.
3. Expressive Human Models - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Build an agency or platform that connects expressive human models with photographers to create visually arresting and emotionally captivating imagery.
1. Photography - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Develop AI-powered tools and software that enhance and automate the process of capturing human emotion in urban portraits.
2. Real Estate - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Create a marketplace that matches artists and photographers with owners of abandoned buildings for rent or temporary use for artistic projects.
3. Modeling - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Establish an online platform that specializes in connecting models with photographers seeking to create unique and emotionally evocative imagery.