Kick your lunch up a notch with this easy recipe for spicy egg salad sandwiches. Developed by the 'Molly Yeh' blog, this simple recipe teaches you how to make your own mayonnaise.
This spicy egg salad recipe is extremely easy to make and involves ingredients that can be found in most kitchen pantries. To begin, you will need eight hard boiled eggs, extra virgin olive oil, a white onion, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, Dijon mustard, an egg yolk and Sriracha sauce. Start by whisking the egg yolk, mustard, Sriracha and sugar. Add in the olive oil and lemon juice as you continue whisking and this will form a kind of mayonnaise. In a separate bowl, chop your eggs, garlic and onion. Add the egg mixture to your mayo and then combine. The end result is a healthy egg salad dish with a spicy Sriracha kick.
This Easy Egg Salad Recipe Features a Serving of Hot Sriracha Sauce
1. Spicy Egg Salad - Exploring the trend of adding Sriracha sauce to egg salad sandwiches to create a spicy twist.
2. Homemade Mayonnaise - The trend of making homemade mayonnaise from scratch for enhanced flavor and control of ingredients.
3. Easy Recipes - The trend of sharing and creating easy-to-make recipes using common pantry ingredients.
1. Food & Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and market ready-to-eat spicy egg salad sandwiches with convenient packaging for on-the-go consumers.
2. Condiments & Sauces - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a new line of Sriracha-based products, such as spicy egg salad dressings or spreads.
3. Kitchen Tools & Appliances - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design and promote kitchen tools specifically for making homemade mayonnaise, simplifying the process for cooking enthusiasts.