Pontoon Brewing Company recently announced a uniquely sweetened sour beer called Rainbow Smiggles. The upcoming release created in collaboration with Sprayberry Bottle Shop is a Berliner Weisse-style beer that's brewed with actual Trix and Skittles. Thanks to the fruity and sugary taste of the ingredients that are added to the vat, the beer is said to have notes of strawberries, pineapple and vanilla.
The can art for Rainbow Smiggles depicts a lanky version of the Trix bunny vomiting rainbows while surrounded by empty boxes of cereal. Many beer lovers won't be able to resist the temptation to try the cereal- and candy-flavored Rainbow Smiggles for its nostalgia factor alone.
Image Credit: Pontoon Brewing Company
Pontoon Brewing Company's Rainbow Smiggles is Brewed with Trix & Skittles
1. Sweetened Sour Beers - The trend of infusing sour beers with sweet ingredients like candy and cereal presents an opportunity for breweries to create innovative flavor profiles.
2. Collaborative Beer Releases - Breweries collaborating with local stores or brands to create unique beer offerings can tap into consumer nostalgia and create buzz around their products.
3. Nostalgic Can Art - Using whimsical and nostalgic can art designs can attract beer enthusiasts who are seeking unique and visually appealing experiences.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can explore the trend of infusing sour beers with sweet ingredients to expand their product offerings and attract new customers.
2. Retail - Retail stores can collaborate with breweries to co-create limited edition beers that entice customers with unique flavor combinations.
3. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can create eye-catching can art designs inspired by nostalgia to help breweries stand out on store shelves and attract customers.