The Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote is sure to get Dr. Who fans excited. The controller has been approved by BBC Worldwide who developed the Screwdriver along with Blue Ocean. It will be used to play Nintendo Wii's upcoming 'Dr. Who: Return to Earth and Dr Who: Evacuation Earth' on the DS.
The Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote will launch in October along with accessory packs that will include artwork of the Doctor and Amy Pond. Nintendo will also release a DS stylus modeled on the Sonic Screwdriver
Dr. Who's Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote Becomes Reality For Wii & DS Fans
1. Controller Accessories - The development and launch of accessory packs for the Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote presents an opportunity for companies to create innovative and unique controller accessories for video game consoles.
2. TV and Movie Tie-ins - The collaboration between BBC Worldwide and Blue Ocean to develop the Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote and the accompanying Dr. Who games demonstrates the potential for creating immersive gaming experiences tied to popular TV shows and movies.
3. Augmented Reality Gaming - The introduction of the Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote and the DS stylus modeled on the Sonic Screwdriver indicates a growing trend towards incorporating augmented reality elements into gaming experiences.
1. Gaming Accessories - The development of the Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote and the accompanying accessory packs opens up opportunities for companies in the gaming accessories industry to create unique and innovative controller accessories.
2. Entertainment Merchandise - The release of the Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote and the DS stylus inspired by the Sonic Screwdriver presents an opportunity for companies in the entertainment merchandise industry to create collectible and functional merchandise tied to popular TV shows and movies.
3. Augmented Reality Technology - The incorporation of augmented reality elements in the Sonic Screwdriver Wiimote and DS stylus indicates a need for companies in the augmented reality technology industry to explore partnerships and collaborations with the gaming industry to further enhance gaming experiences.