This infographic explains just how important your social media presence can be to getting you that social media internship. Especially for those who are wanting to work in the expanding industry of online media, having a professional and up-to-date profile can be the difference between success and continuing your job search.
Besides employers looking at your profile, social media is also useful to get help finding a social media internship through the network you have built up on the site. Be active on social media sites, and make sure that what you post through the sites is what you'd be comfortable with a future employer seeing. If you can use social media to get referred for a internship or job, rather than just applying through online job post sites, your chances of getting hired jump from 1-in-219 to 1-in-10 in no time.
Employers are Reviewing Social Media Sites to Screen Interns
1. Social Media Screening - More employers are using social media to screen potential interns and employees, creating an opportunity for tools and services that can help clean up and manage social media profiles.
2. Professional Social Media Presence - The importance of having a professional and up-to-date social media profile is growing, presenting an opportunity for professionals to offer services and solutions that enhance personal branding and social media management.
3. Social Media Referral - Social media is increasingly being used as a referral tool for internships and jobs, creating an opportunity for services and platforms that help connect job seekers with relevant contacts and opportunities on social media.
1. Social Media Management - The growing emphasis on professional social media profiles creates an opportunity for companies and startups offering social media management services and solutions.
2. Employment Screening - The increased use of social media for employment screening presents an opportunity for companies and startups that offer screening tools and services to protect job candidates' online reputation and privacy.
3. Career Referral - The use of social media as a referral tool for careers presents an opportunity for companies and startups that offer career referral services and platforms, leveraging social media networks to match job seekers with relevant opportunities.