This dynamic snack bar design in Montreal for Le Super Qualité Snack Bar Indien (Super Quality Indian Snack Bar) communicates the flavor of the globally inspired dishes that are served.
The snack bar owners challenged architect David Dworkind with the creation of a "cool Indian restaurant" that would set it apart from other more traditional establishments in the city. In the design process, Dworkind took inspiration from sleeper trains and other modes of transportation, which helps to create a sense of liveliness and movement in the contemporary Indian eatery. One of the most noticeable inclusions is the street food cart, which serves as the point at which food sales are processed.
The rest of Le Super Qualité Snack Bar Indien is complemented by old fans, seating and hand-painted Indian signage.
This Vibrant Snack Bar Design Brings a Taste of India to Montreal
1. Indian-inspired Snack Bars - Opportunity for creating vibrant and culturally authentic snack bars that bring the flavor and experience of India to different cities.
2. Globally Inspired Dining - Innovative design and decor that brings together elements from different cultures to create unique dining experiences.
3. Transportation-inspired Architecture - Exploring the use of design elements inspired by different modes of transportation to create dynamic and lively restaurant spaces.
1. Restaurant and Food Service - Opportunity for restaurants to differentiate themselves by offering culturally authentic and globally inspired dining experiences.
2. Architectural and Interior Design - Opportunity for architects and designers to use cultural influences and transportation-inspired design elements to create unique and exciting restaurant spaces.
3. Food and Beverage Retail - Opportunity for the development of Indian-inspired snack bars in various retail settings, catering to the growing demand for globally inspired and culturally authentic food options.